0700-1800 daily summer
Most of the pillars in the hypostyle hall were removed by Copts when they built a church in the temple. They plastered over most of the reliefs inside (which is nice, since they usually chipped them off ints4ead of just covering them!). Some of the pillarsthat remain are still brightly colored.
The santuaries of the temple are dedicated to the Theban Tried -- Mut, Amun, and Khonsu. However, the best reliefs on the temple are outside -- they are hard to see and quite faint and best seen when they are shadowed. The entire temple was built by Ramesses III (not a series of pharaohs) and so the entire structure is well designed nad seems very complete.,
|luxor temple||west bank main|