§ 273 Translate into English
- N á fág do ḃreac ag an boras.
- An raiḃ Caṫal liḃ ag dul go Gailliṁ?
- Ḃí, agus fuair sé capall ar an ród, agus ṫáinig sé go
- Gailliṁ linn.
- Ḃí Art tinn, agus guair sé bás.
- An raiḃ capall agaiḃ?
- Ní raiḃ, ḃí bó agus asal againn.
- Atá fuinneóg leaṫan ar an dún.
§ 274. Translate into Irish
- We are not going down to Galway, ye are going up to Granard.
- We have a horse, ye have a coach.
- Had ye a scythe in the meadow?
- Was the horse working in the meadow?
- Dermot was not working with us down in the meadow.
- Had Nora a lamb?
- No, she had a sheep.
- Had Art a horse?
- Yes, and he had a coach.
- My window was clean, thy window was not clean.
- There was no window at all in the fort.
as in English
See § 13-16