§ 441. Feminine words beginning with d and t are not aspirated by the article in the nominative and accusative.
||the country, land
§ 442. Translate into English
- Atá an tír saiḋḃir, ní ḟuil sí doċt anois.
- Ní fhuil no thír saidhbhir fós.
- Ná cuir an dialaid ar an asal, atá sí trom.
- Fág an teine ar an urlár.
- Ná dún an doras, atá sé briste.
- Atá an chearc agus an coileach ag Una.
- Ní’l ar diallaid ar an láir.
Translate into Irish
- The tillage field is not green, it is yellow now
- The pasture field is green, it is not yellow.
- The mountain is high, it is between Armagh and the other mountain
- Daniel O'Hea has the chair; he got the chair in the house.
- Do not put the thatch on the house yet, the weather is not cold, it is dry (and) warm.
- The winter is coming, it is cold (and) wet; the harvest was dry (and) wholesome.
as in English
See § 13-16