§ 431 Translate into English
- Fuair Úna caṫaoir úr ag an margaḋ, aċt ḃísí gruiste ar an ród.
- Ní ḟuil an boṫar bog; atá sé tirim anois.
- Atá an gual daor, ní ḟuil sé saor.
- Fuair mé eun óg, ḃí sé ṡuas ar an aill.
- An ḃfaca tú an líon, atá sé ṡíos ag an tobar.
- Fág an láir ins an leuna, atá sí óg fós agus ḃí sí ar seaċrán.
§ 432. Translate into Irish
- I have the hammer.
- Is is not heavy.
- Nora has a hen, she is young.
- The grass is not green now, it is yellow.
- The weather is fine, it is warm (and) dry.
- There is a wood at the well, it is green.
- The door is strong; it is higha nd wide.
- The sack is wide, it is strong (and) heavy.
- Leave the flax on the floor, it is soft yet.
- The youg cock is at the door.
- Our hammer is lost, it is not in the bag.
- They found their cow in the meadow.
- Dermot found his horse at the well.
- Brigid found her cow at the door.
as in English
See § 13-16