||where? (causes eclipsis)
§ 677. Translate into English
- An Éirineanach é sin? Ní h-eadh, is Albanach é, tháinig sé ó Albain indé.
- Ní Sasanach mise, is Éireannach mé.
- An rabhabhar 'sa mbaile indé? Ní rabhamar, do bhidheamar shíos ag an abhainn.
- Cá rabhadar indé? Ní'l a fhios agam, acht atá a fhios agam ca bhfuilid indiu.
- Cá bhfuilir, a Dhiarmuid?
- Cá rabhair, a Thaidhg?
- Do bhidhea?
- An rabhais shuas ar an gcnoc s
- Is fear maith é. Fear maith, an eadh?
§ 678. Translate into Irish
- Are they at home today? No; but they were at home yesterday and the man of the house will be at home tomorrow.
- They were not with us, they were with you.
- John and James went to Dublin, and Cormac was with them.
- They own that horse, but they do not own that lamb.
- We own this little place, is it not a nice place?
- This is fine soft weather, god bless it. It is indeed.
- I am not ashamed, but I am afraid.
- We were not afraid, they were afraid.
- Nora came home; this house is hers, and the land, the oats and the barley.
- Do you like fresh butter? Yes, I do not like fresh bread, it is not wholesome.
as in English
See § 13-16